[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Mon Feb 21 01:41:06 UTC 2011
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Always Learning wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> The FIRST build of a distribution (the .0 of 4.0 or 5.0) takes MUCH
>>> longer than the subsequent rebuilds.  This is because you have NOTHING
>>> to start from except SRPMS.  You also do not know the environment that
>>> upstream is using to run their "Build Roots" in.  We also know nothing
>>> about which packages will and will not build as written (there are
>>> many that require us to research and provide hints to the build
>>> suystem. Hints are things that need to be added that are not called
>>> out in the SRPM).
>
>> CentOS 4.0 was released 23 days after RHEL4.0
>> CentOS 5.0 was released 29 days after RHEL5.0
>> CentOS 6.0 is *not* released 103 days after RHEL6.0
>
> en ?
>
> This is not a problem for me.  I am contented to wait - en jij?

Hi Paul,

This was in a direct response to Johnny ;-) No worries, I put the context
back so it's clear *why* I replied this. It's not that I am impatient for
CentOS 6.0. In fact I switched to RHEL6.

Regardless, I do think CentOS 5.6 is much more important than CentOS 6.0.
As there is a direct security impact to users.