[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Mon Feb 21 16:00:18 UTC 2011

>>> On the initial pass through builder for c6, there are hundreds of
>>> packages that need to be analyzed.

Johnny said something...

>> So you are now saying that you cannot scale out this work to more people
>> to release faster ? This is something that has to be done by Karanbir only ?

Dag turns it around into something else completely.

> Unless we're willing to re-invent the particular wheel being used for
> CentOS 6, apparently yes. By the time I'm done rebuilding that in *my*

Nico add some more, maybe relevant, juice.

So let me clear this up a bit - there are a few hundred packages still
needing attention, its possible there is something fundamental that is
broken - and I am seriously hoping that the work that dozens of people
have done already and continue to do so ( look at the patch / reporters
list on bugs.c.o ) against CentOS-6 isnt overlooked. Because they are
not visible, does not automatically make them irrelevant. If we do hit a
situation wherein thousands of lines of code need to be reviewed, trust
me - its not going to be me doing it. Its going to *need* to be atleast
a few dozen people.

I, for one, am quite grateful to the many people who did actually take
up the call for help and do something about it.

on the other hand, I'm not getting involved in this thread beyond this
post, its mostly irrelevant to anything that is going on at the moment.

- KB