[CentOS] Any update on 5.6 / 6?

Tue Feb 22 16:25:45 UTC 2011
Brunner, Brian T. <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com>

This link points to a post in which was a link to the CentOS goals.
The first part of the CentOS goals should read:

We strive to present to the world a BUG-FOR-BUG-IDENTICAL distribution
of the corresponding RHEL release.
- We remove copywrite-protected materials if we do not have the consent
of the copywrite holder.
- We remove trademarked and patented content for which we do not have
consent of the owners thereof.
- We re-compile the sources after the above two modifications.
- - Source and object "packages" are available independently from the
CentOS repository for access by yum, curl, wget, and similar
package-at-a-time downloading.
- - Bootable installation CDs and DVDs are also available.
- - CentOS does not charge for access to the above packages, and does
not make and mail copies of the isos.
- We also point the world to the centosplus repository, see
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus