[CentOS] Air Conditioning - ON!

Tue Feb 22 17:50:20 UTC 2011
Fred Wittekind <rom at twister.dyndns.org>

I understand how answering everyone's requests for progress updates can
slow a development process, I've been on the development side of that
before.   I want a progress report as much as anyone I'm sure (and so
does my boss), but, I'm not going to ask for it.   I instead spend a
little time, and do a bit of digging, and can find enough of an answer.
I think though, I have had better luck finding progress information on
CentOS than I did when I was waiting on upstream to release 6 (of course
they had betas, and maybe I just didn't look in the right place, but I
didn't find much status information).  Committing to a product launch
date, then trying to patch the product after the fact is IMHO a bad
thing, and I'm glad upstream & CentOS do not do this.

I can think of some suggestions of my own to maybe help the development
process and community involvement (as I'm sure a so can a great many
people), but I will keep those to myself for now.  Trying to change
anything major now will only significantly slow things down.

CentOS team, you have my understanding, and my appreciation for your
hard work, and I look forward to being able to use the product of that
work when it's ready.