[CentOS] http://www.securityweek.com/high-severity-bind-vulnerability-advisory-issued

Wed Feb 23 20:15:52 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 13:23 -0600, Larry Vaden wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net> wrote:
> >
> > Many thanks to Markus Falb for publishing his excellent research - the
> > same research that Larry could also have done.
> >
> >        "This issue did not affect the versions of bind as shipped with
> >        Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, or 6."
>
> You are overlooking those on the list who are affected.  Enuf said.

Larry,

I suspect the vast majority of Centos 5 users simply install Centos
software. They do not routinely install non-Centos versions to replace
Centos versions.

This list is about Centos versions of software - hence its simple title,
the "Centos Mailing List".

If a user installs non-Centos versions of software it is for the user to
take extra precautions if case of bugs affecting non-Centos software.

If you had done the necessary research Centos users would not get
alarmed at serious reports of dangerous bugs in Centos software. Your
posting clearly inferred the dangers affected the Centos version which,
it subsequently transpired, was untrue. I hope you can understand this
point that there is a distinct difference between Centos application
software and non-Centos application software running on the Centos
operating system.

With best regards,

Paul.
England,