[CentOS] CentOS 5 Security Updates

Thu Feb 24 22:00:36 UTC 2011
Cal Webster <cwebster at ec.rr.com>

On Thu, 2011-02-24 at 22:00 +0100, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> I wish people would read the list archives instead of posting the same
> kind of questione time and again.
>
> Kai

Thank you for your thoughts Kai.

I have invested quite a bit of time reading the CentOS and CentOS-Devel
archives, including this one from KB:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2011-February/105486.html

Seems to me that my post was both relevant and appropriate. All the
vulnerabilities I cited were either "Critical" or "remotely
exploitable". If my specific query was answered elsewhere, off topic, or
out of line I apologize. See my earlier response to Russ's kind,
detailed reply for more.

I've also read the "FAQ":

http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General

...as well as Eric and Rick's "Smart Questions" FAQ (all common sense):

This is not my first time around the block Kai. As much as I hate
wasting my own time, I will go out of my way to avoid wasting that of
others... especially those who are working hard on their own time on my
behalf. I only ask questions when I can't find answers using local or
on-line resources. I always try to make my questions concise but with
sufficient detail for others to answer, selecting the appropriate forum
based upon community guidelines.

I'm not easily offended so I welcome constructive criticism, even harsh
critique. You'll find me to be considerate, respectful, and generous
because I try to treat others the same way I expect to be treated.

Please don't be offended if I do not respond to additional replies. I
see no benefit to the list or myself in extended arguments.

Cal