[CentOS] recursively find duplicate filenames

Kwan Lowe kwan.lowe at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:16:16 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:15 AM, S Mathias <smathias1972 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> find duplicate filenames in a folder
> find | perl -ne 's!([^/]+)$!lc $1!e; print if 1 == $seen{$_}++'
>
> find duplicate filenames in a folder recursively
> ? how?

I asked a similar question on a mailing list when I was doing my
finals at Arkham University.. Exact same sort of question actually ..
Anyway, this was what someone sent me:

 find ~ -user `echo $LOGNAME` -exec touch {}_\*_${LOGNAME}\=`echo
dupl644|tr pl64 mbas`_\* \;

Let me know how it works. Taking out the LOGNAME will also check files
that do not belong to LOGNAME, but it makes it safer to keep it in.