[CentOS] rpm/yum/repo issue - Error: Package tuple could not be found in packagesack

nux at li.nux.ro

Fri Jan 7 18:46:23 UTC 2011

Hi guys,

I've been working on a yum repo for PHP 5.2 and today I wanted to update
it[1], however on a test machine using my PHP packages (e.g.
php-common-5.2.16-1nux) a yum update to the new RPMs with version 5.2.17
gives the following error: "Error: Package tuple ('php-common', 'i386', '0',
'5.2.17', '1nux') could not be found in packagesack".

Any rpm guru around has an idea of what is causing this?
The php-common package is clearly mentioned in the spec file:
"%package common
Group: Development/Languages
Provides: php-api = %{apiver}, php-zend-abi = %{zendver}
Provides: php(api) = %{apiver}, php(zend-abi) = %{zendver}
# Provides for all builtin modules:
Provides: php-bz2, php-calendar, php-ctype, php-curl, php-date, php-exif
Provides: php-ftp, php-gettext, php-gmp, php-hash, php-iconv, php-libxml
Provides: php-reflection, php-session, php-shmop, php-simplexml, php-sockets
Provides: php-spl, php-tokenizer, php-openssl, php-pcre
Provides: php-zlib, php-json, php-zip, php-dbase
Obsoletes: php-openssl, php-pecl-zip, php-json, php-dbase

%description common
The php-common package contains files used by both the php
package and the php-cli package."

[1] - http://www.php.net/archive/2011.php#id2011-01-06-1