[CentOS] Customizing Centos

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sat Jan 8 18:26:47 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 8:18 PM, derleader __ <derleader at abv.bg> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>    I want to ask you is it legal to create my own distribution based on
>>> Red
>>> Hat/Centos and to sell it under different name? I will make available for
>>> everyone to see the source code. Is this against the license agreement?
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Peter

Well, in that case you sell your software, but since it uses CentOS
you include CentOS and give credit where necessary. This will greatly
depend on how you licence your own project. Take a look  @ other
projects which works in a similar manner, especially those which use
Apache / MySQL and are paid-for-projects.

The easier way around is to sell your software, and provide a link to
download CentOS :) If you want to make a customized CentOS ISO for
this purpose, then you could also have that ISO on your website for
free download.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers