[CentOS] how to recreate eth0 - Realtek 8169sc [SOLVED]

Lisandro Grullon lgrullon at CityTech.Cuny.Edu
Mon Jan 10 13:58:55 UTC 2011

Tommy,
I think your scenario only pertain to those of us that clone macs with different prefixes, we are assuming that rudi is using the original MAC from the actual device. Not two macs are equal unless you change the physical device parameters via mac-changer/modification. Let's hope he is not aliasing the original mac with a multi-fake mac group link to the original NIC.

>>> Tommy E Craddock Jr <tommy at hivelocity.net> 1/10/2011 8:54 AM >>>
Hey,

If it happens again, or maybe it might show in /var/log/messages, if there was a MAC address conflict in the ifcfg files.  I've seen where eth0 won't come on as the MAC address set in the cfg file wasnt matching.  Some times it fails with a message on an ifdown ifup, sometimes it doesn't.  Now that eth2 was created and the MAC is matching it works.  The pieces line up but doesn't mean that it was happened.  Just an idea.

Tommy C.