[CentOS] RAID configuration suggestion???

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Jan 11 01:49:38 UTC 2011

On 01/10/11 5:41 PM, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> 2. put two MD1000 on same PERC 6/E adapter will cause battery life shorter?

raid batteries only get used when your power fails while the system is
running, and are used to maintain the write cache so when power is
restored any dirty data in the cache can be committed to disk.

they should last for their shelf life, which is generally 5 years from
date of deployment (I don't know Dell's spec on the Perc 6/E, I just
mean in general).

your other questions re relative performance should be tested with a
simulation of your production sorts of workload, and other people's
experience will have little bearing on your usage.