[CentOS] CentOS 5.5/5.6 on Sandy Bridge

Kenni Lund

kenni at kelu.dk
Sat Jan 15 01:46:39 UTC 2011

Hi list

Has anyone tried to install CentOS 5.5 on a system with one of the new
Sandy Bridge processors with integrated GPU? I can live with bad X11
performance - I'm happy as long as I get a X11 desktop (with VESA or
whatever) with no crashes :) I'll mostly use this system as a KVM host
with a VNC server, but I'll like to be able to hook a screen to it.

CentOS 5.6/6.0 will undoubtly improve the situation in case there're
issues with 5.5, I'm just curious if it will work atm. with the
current CentOS 5.5 + a default Gnome environment.

Thanks,
Kenni