[CentOS] disk quotas + centos 5,5 +xfs

Rafa Griman rafagriman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 07:06:38 UTC 2011

Hi :)

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:15 AM,  <aurfalien at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is any one aware quotas not working in 5,5?
>
> I'm using XFS as a file system.
>
> My fstab has the appropriate usrquota,grpquota but when I try to run;
>
> quotacheck -cug /foo
>
> I get;
>
> quotacheck: Can't find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted
> with quota option.

Did you remount /foo after modifying /etc/fstab?

BTW: http://linux.die.net/man/8/xfs_quota

check the QUOTA ADMINISTRATION section:

"The quotacheck command has no effect on XFS filesystems. The first
time quota accounting is turned on (at mount time), XFS does an
automatic quotacheck internally; afterwards, the quota system will
always be completely consistent until quotas are manually turned off."

And the EXAMPLES section:

# mount -o uquota /dev/xvm/home /home
# xfs_quota -x -c 'limit bsoft=500m bhard=550m tanya' /home
# xfs_quota -x -c report /home

> I already have a large amount of data in the mount.  Do quotas get
> implemented on only empty filesystems and then one adds data?

HTH

   Rafa