[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Thu Jan 20 09:00:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Keith Keller
<kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> For the OP: what's the goal behind preventing an X session from locking?
> Perhaps there is a more elegant solution than simply disabling it.
>
> --keith
>
> --
> kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

It probably depends on his environment. If it's an office where people
actually work for money and need to address client issues then I'm
sure your colleagues won't be please if you make them loose all their
work just to be an arrogant IT manager who wants to prove a point.

I don't know about you, but a user leaving his desk (for any purpose,
other than going home) doesn't cause a security risk. I trust all our
staff, and when Andrew goes on lunch I expect him to leave his PC
unlocked.
1. It's our property and he should have any personal stuff on there,
as per our NDA, that could cause problem.
2. If a client, which Andrew was busy with phones in, I or one of the
other staff members would need access to that work.

So, in such a  case I do think the OP has a valid question and it
could be addressed more professionally than to restart X, or even the
PC just to prove a point.

P.S. And I don't know the answer either.....

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com