[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Thu Jan 20 10:55:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:00 PM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:

> I think I see things differently.  Allowing others to access your account *is*
> a security risk.  It potentially opens confidential data open to other people,
> and leaves that specific user open to abuse through people using their
> machine.  You might as well just pin your passwords on the notice board and be
> done.  After all, you trust all your staff.

I don't agree with that, sorry.

A few years ago one of our staff members decided his salary isn't good
enough so he started a side-line business, on our company time. He
stole some of our client's data (contact details, emails, and even
contracts) and sold it to 3rd parties. This went on for about 6 months
before we actually realized what was going on.

Needless to say, he was fined heavily and sent to jail for 3 years.
So, I don't care if you feel the PC is your's, as long as it's a
company PC, with company data and company property, we will take a
look at the data on it.

I'm not talking about your home / private PC, that's an altogether
different story.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers