[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 13:01:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011, Sorin Srbu wrote:

> [...]

No, you can make that work for all users with gconf-editor by editing the
right file.  My previously suggested solution just does that in one go without
a gui:

gconftool-2 --direct \
--config-source xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type bool \
--set /apps/gnome-screensaver/lock_enabled false

That makes it mandatory, so it can't be overridden, and will affect all users.
Only fixes it for gnome, I don't know what the equivalent fix is for KDE.  You
need to take other steps to enforce it in the other direction, as killall
gnome-screensaver would defeat it.

jh