[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Thu Jan 20 15:49:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 at 11:00am, Rudi Ahlers wrote

> It probably depends on his environment. If it's an office where people
> actually work for money and need to address client issues then I'm
> sure your colleagues won't be please if you make them loose all their
> work just to be an arrogant IT manager who wants to prove a point.
*snip*
> So, in such a  case I do think the OP has a valid question and it
> could be addressed more professionally than to restart X, or even the
> PC just to prove a point.

I was going to leave this alone, but I feel this lowers to the level of
personal attacks and I'd like to address that.  Yes, my response was a bit
glib (and tongue-in-cheek, which obviously didn't come across correctly).
But that doesn't mean that the reasoning behind it isn't valid in some
situations, and it certainly doesn't make me arrogant or unprofessional.
As others have pointed out, there are industries and workplaces where any
unlocked, unattended workstation is a major security risk.  Please don't
assume that your use case is everybody else's.  And please keep it civil.
Thanks.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled CentOS list programming (no
pun intended).

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin