[CentOS] problems with OpenVPN 2.1.4 on Centos 5.5

Boris Epstein

borepstein at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 16:28:35 UTC 2011

Hello listmates,

I've got this Centos 5.5 box which I am trying to configure as an
OpenVPN server. Now 2.1.4 seems to have added pkcs11 support and that
stops me from creating the CA and other necessary files:

[root at gw5fl 2.0]# . ./vars
bash: /usr/share/doc/openvpn-2.1.4/easy-rsa/2.0/whichopensslcnf:
Permission denied
NOTE: If you run ./clean-all, I will be doing a rm -rf on
/usr/share/doc/openvpn-2.1.4/easy-rsa/2.0/keys
[root at gw5fl 2.0]# ./clean-all
[root at gw5fl 2.0]# ./build-ca
  Please edit the vars script to reflect your configuration,
  then source it with "source ./vars".
  Next, to start with a fresh PKI configuration and to delete any
  previous certificates and keys, run "./clean-all".
  Finally, you can run this tool (pkitool) to build certificates/keys.
[root at gw5fl 2.0]#

Now, the tool I seem to need (from the "vars" file):

export PKCS11TOOL="pkcs11-tool"

does not seem to be there and I am not sure how to install it as I
couldn't find it.

So, any perspective on what this mess is all about and how to get out
of it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Boris.