[CentOS] Is it okay?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Thu Jan 20 16:46:57 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, January 19, 2011 06:38:12 pm Scott Robbins wrote:
> Boot has to be huge in Fedora for the preupgrade to have a chance of
> working--having given up on it several releases ago, I have no idea if
> it's been improved or not.

This is obviously straying from the topicality of this list, but yes the mechanism has been improved at least between F13 and F14, as I did do a preupgrade on my development/testing box, which will likely go to CentOS 6 or SL6 some time RSN.

These are features we're likely to see at some point in EL, so it's useful to have a handle on the caveats that will arise from their use, that's for sure, and that's the only reason in continue the thread.....