[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 20 20:14:30 UTC 2011

Giles Coochey wrote:

[...]

> A user account should belong to the person who has been assigned that
> account. They are the only person who should be able to use that

You are conflating "access" and "ownership". The company should
own the machine and the data. Only persons authorized by the
company should have access. That should include the user to whom
the account is assigned, and a limited number of "trusted" persons
with administration priviledges. Ultimately, the company must
have access to all information on an "as needed" basis, which
should be rare.

The rest of your argument stands.

[...]

> Data and Accounts are distinct, and the policies regarding their use
> should be distinct  too.

Well stated.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.