[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jan 21 14:07:06 UTC 2011

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 05:53:14 pm Ross Walker wrote:
>  I haven't heard of someone lifting a latent oil print
> and creating a fake out of that. I'm sure with enough ingenuity it can
> be done.

Let me repeat: that is exactly what MythBusters did in the episode I referenced, 'Crime and Mythdemeanors 2' which aired a few years ago.  The print was Grant's, and it was lifted from a CD case, duplicated into ballistics gel using a partially obscured process that included PC board etching and print cleanup in a graphics editor, and successfully opened the fingerprint door lock (as well as logging in to a PC).  The narrator in the episode did state that one critical part of the process was omitted to keep that episode from being a HOWTO, but it probably wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.