[CentOS] smartmontools SRPM fails

Lars Hecking lhecking at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 21 20:03:12 UTC 2011

> ########################################### [100%]
> error: unpacking of archive failed on file
> /home/jmccarty/devtools/RebuildRPM/build/SOURCES/smartd.initd;4d39deaa:
> cpio: MD5 sum mismatch
>
> Is the SRPM corrupted? I've pulled a few from other places for
> other versions (like Fedora) from pbone, and they all have
> this problem.
>
> Any hints available?

 Happens with SRPMS from newer Fedoras. Unpack it manually into
 /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES and move the spec file into place.

This message and any attachments may contain Cypress (or its
subsidiaries) confidential information. If it has been received
in error, please advise the sender and immediately delete this
message.