[CentOS] CentOS and Dell MD3200i / MD3220i iSCSI w/ multipath

Edward Morbius dredmorbius at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 00:20:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 21, 2011, at 6:41 PM, Edward Morbius <dredmorbius at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We've been wrestling with this for ... rather longer than I'd care to
> admit.
>
> Host / initiator systems are a number of real and virtualized CentOS 5.5
> boxes.  Storage arrays / targets are Dell MD3220i storage arrays.

> Once this is installed you need to setup dm-multipath, look for
> multipathd.conf in /etc, get the product id and vendor id from dmesg after
> making an initial connection via open-iscsi and use that in the mutipath
> config. Your going to need to use path utility 'rdac' in the config instead
> of tur.
>
> Google is your friend here.
>
> -Ross

/etc/multipath.conf appears to be appropriately configured (we'd installed
the MDSM host components):

         device {
                vendor                  "DELL"
                product                 "MD32xxi"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                prio                    rdac
                polling_interval        5
                path_checker            rdac
                path_selector           "round-robin 0"
                hardware_handler        "1 rdac"
                failback                immediate
                features                "2 pg_init_retries 50"
                no_path_retry           30
                rr_min_io               100
                prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/%n"
        }
        device {
                vendor                  "DELL"
                product                 "MD32xx"
                path_grouping_policy    group_by_prio
                prio                    rdac
                polling_interval        5
                path_checker            rdac
                path_selector           "round-robin 0"
                hardware_handler        "1 rdac"
                failback                immediate
                features                "2 pg_init_retries 50"
                no_path_retry           30
                rr_min_io               100
                prio_callout            "/sbin/mpath_prio_rdac /dev/%n"

        }
}

Dr. Ed Morbius
Chief Scientist