[CentOS] Storage Area Network

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Jan 22 15:04:50 UTC 2011

On 01/22/11 6:46 AM, Nastou Panagiotis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Rocks cluster based on Centos 5.2. Can this Centos version support a Storage Area Network?

yes, as long as the host bus adapters are supported.   pretty much all major FC cards have good RHEL/CentOS support, as do most all server grade ethernet adapters for iSCSI applications.

> What kind of software do I need for installing and managing it?

depends on the SAN.   SAN vendors generally provide the management tools
suitable for their system.

there have been a vast number of patches and fixes to CentOS 5 since
update 2 was released (currently at 5.6), you really should consider
patching to current, via `yum update`.   Undoubtably some of the fixes
improve stability and functionality of the iSCSI initiator, fiberchannel
bonding, etc.