[CentOS] Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

Brian Mathis brian.mathis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:04:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Gene Brandt <brandtg at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Chiming in I find CentOs VERY stable. I need this for my User community (Wife and Daughter) It has to look and work the same always. For the new people to Linux I've noted that NT admins can very easily install ubuntu and get it running (for awhile). From what I remember it had a Windozie feel. Coming from the Solaris, AIX, and HP world I prefer stability.
> --
> Thanks,
> Gene Brandt SCSA

I need to call you on this one.  "Windozie" (implying some kind of
decent user interface) and "stability" are not mutually exclusive, as
your comment suggests.  In the old days you may have had to choose,
but that's long past.  Windows 7 is very stable, as is Mac OS X.

This is the type of false dichotomy that a certain US-based news
network (rhymes with Blox Fews) uses to misinform a naive public.
Please don't bring that kind of "logic" into tech discussions.