[CentOS] Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Tue Jan 25 20:49:09 UTC 2011

Max Hetrick wrote:
> On 01/25/2011 03:04 PM, Brian Mathis wrote:
>

>> I need to call you on this one.  "Windozie" (implying some kind of
>> decent user interface) and "stability" are not mutually exclusive, as
>> your comment suggests.  In the old days you may have had to choose,
>> but that's long past.  Windows 7 is very stable, as is Mac OS X.
>>
>> This is the type of false dichotomy that a certain US-based news
>> network (rhymes with Blox Fews) uses to misinform a naive public.
>> Please don't bring that kind of "logic" into tech discussions.
>>

> I have to agree here as well. Too many times do I see people just
> blasting other operating systems for these reasons. I'd even go as far
> as argue that Windows XP is stable too, so long as it's managed,
> administered, and setup securely and correctly.

So what happens when one does the monthly tuesday patches for windoze
and your security door controller running on SQLserver (micro$oft)
fails. Back out all the patches - inform micro$oft - wait - wait some
more - never get a response - call the security software vendor - aware
of patch problem - no fix planned - buy the newest version. All this on
a stable windoze XP prof. Dell box. $$$$ that's all that matters.