[CentOS] how to unmount an NFS share when the NFS server is unavailable?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Jan 27 15:05:35 UTC 2011

Always Learning wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 23:05 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
>
>> cpanel is pure crap.
>
> It is a ghastly and frustrating nightmare. Command line, even for a
> Linux beginner like me, is far superior.  It is amazing that people pay
> lots of money to use it.

It may be crap, but a) I haven't seen any ISPs that offer shell access for
the better part of a decade, at least, and b) consider the enTHUsistic
folks who build so many websites who have no clue about computers,
security, and get the cooties if they were to see a command line.

*shrug* I live with it from my hosting provider. But then, I do everything
on my own system (CentOS, of course), and hardly do more with cPanel than
I would/could with Ye Olde Ftp.

        mark