[CentOS] offsite encrypted backups?

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Fri Jan 28 19:24:17 UTC 2011

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Markus Falb wrote:

> On 28.1.2011 19:51, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>
>> Any idea for remote encrypted backup system? files must be
>> encrypted on local side ? duplicity? any better ideas?
>
> http://www.bacula.org/

Bacula can encrypt against two different X509 certificates, so you can
have per-host certs and a master certificate. (We keep a copy of the
latter in a secure location for disaster recovery.)

Local admins can thereby recover and decrypt files for their
machine(s), but not for other machines. Only folks trusted with access
to the master key can recover files from all machines.