[CentOS] How to relocate $HOME directory

Sun Jan 30 21:07:27 UTC 2011
Soo-Hyun Choi <s.choi at terabit.org.uk>

Hi there,

As you know, $HOME is generally located at "/home/$username" by default.

I would like to re-locate all users' $HOME directories to something like
"/export/home/$username" without having a hassle/trouble.

Initially, I've thought of just copying them to the new directory (under
/export/home/xxx), but guessed it might trouble for the normal use (I'm
pretty new to CentOS, although many experiences with Debian/Ubuntu).

Is there any good tricks (or caveats) when moving users' home directory
cleanly with CentOS? (I'm with CentOS 5.5 x86_64)

Cheers,
Soo-Hyun