[CentOS] Customizing Centos

Sat Jan 8 20:36:15 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Saturday, January 08, 2011 01:09:59 pm Keith Roberts wrote:
> You can't sell GPL source code as it is protected by the
> GPL, but you can sell a packaged product that includes GPL
> sources, like RHEL I suppose.

Sure you can sell GPL sources; you just can't prevent the buyer from giving copies of them away.  See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#DoesTheGPLAllowMoney and subsequent FAQ entries following that.

As an interesting aside, I know one software package that is currently not under the GPL, but the developer will sell a GPLed copy of the source for a very large fee.