[CentOS] Set font and size in xterm

Mon Jan 10 20:14:47 UTC 2011
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

I now have fonts! I added the font directories found by
/usr/sbin/chkfontpath to the Files Section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and following a restart things began to work.

The system startup script for xfs makes reference to a
/tmp/.font-unix directory.  An error message appears on the boot
details screen to the effect that lstat reports /tmp/.font-unix does
not exist but I can find no reference to this error in any of the
logs.  After startup I can find that directory but it is empty.

I have no idea how this is supposed to work but I suspect that the
dynamic discovery and addition of the font directories is failing
for some reason.

Canada  L8E 3C3