[CentOS] usb 3

Tue Jan 11 09:10:15 UTC 2011
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Monday, January 10, 2011 08:50:18 pm Kwan Lowe wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > 01:00.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation Unknown device 0194 (rev 03)
>
> [snip]
>
> So no driver installed.. There's a link I found:

"Unknown device" from lspci does not in the general case imply a lack of
driver. The only thing it says is that the pci-id database does not contain an
entry for the component. The command "update-pciids" will update your pci-id
database.

In this perticular case though, it seems that both 1) device not in pci-id db
and 2) no driver loaded.

/Peter