[CentOS] Recompiling source rpms for i386, i686 and x86_64 on the same box?

Thu Jan 13 12:12:22 UTC 2011
JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2011-01-13 at 10:25 +0000, Mister IT Guru wrote:
> At the risk of sounding like an newbie, is is possible to build the RPMS
> for all architectures on the same box at the same time?

That would be dependent upon your build environment and how you set it up.
As in a mock based chroot or a Non-Root build system along with cross-compiler tools etc.
Takes a lot of planing to go along with it also.

For the 3 arches you want they could all be done under mock in a x86_64
environment. Under
Non-Root x86_64 Multilib arch machine can be done also with great care
in how you choose your devel packages.

Automation could be done with a wrapper script setup, really easy to do.
Sometimes you just can not automate every part of it so I would not
expect that.  You would need to do manual checks on the outcome of the
srpm and the binary or build a unit test framework.

John