[CentOS] Kernel Errors Present

Thu Jan 13 22:59:44 UTC 2011
compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com>

Is it the ITE IT8212 ATA RAID Controller ?

I would suspect that raid card - the few I've tried didn't work well even
with the manufacturer's supplied windows drivers. The linux drivers might
not be any better.

I'm not sure why you distrust DMA, or if it's just on this one card that you
have problems with it. ATA is being phased out now, it became a very mature
and reliable technology its it final years.

Motherboards with onboard ATA66/100/133 ports became extremely reliable. As
long as you used the 80 wire cables.

Unfortunately, a good controller is hard to find. I used to like Promise as
a windows controller. They were very reliable if you had the lastest
firmware and drivers. But I don't know if they work well in linux, or even
how well their current models work. (been a while since I've used one)