[CentOS] RHEL 5.6 is out

Fri Jan 14 15:47:41 UTC 2011
Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu>

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> 2011/1/14 Brunner, Brian T. <BBrunner at gai-tronics.com>:
>>> Is this how other CentOS users feel when they hear a RHEL
>> announcement?

No, I think:

These men and women are so awesome, giving up their time to make us
a great operating system at no charge. Whether it be a week, a month,
or a year after RHEL release, I am so grateful for all of them and the
huge amounts of time and effort they *donate* to do all of this!!

And I'll be blunt here: that should be our mindset for ALL of us on
this list, and it would accelerate the timetable of new CentOS releases
by:

1. Not having Karanbir and others stop and waste their time on snarky
comments, endless "when will it be out, I want it NOW!" tirades,
and other garbage

2. The development/QA/etc teams will be encouraged as we root them on,
timetable be hanged. You want it now? Go to RHEL. Seriously. And, you'll
be doing us two favors: you'll stop irritating us, and you'll ensure that
we will have a great OS when CentOS has a release.

Sorry, but I'm not in a good mood right now, but I'm tired of people
complaining about the slow releases. As for me, I'm very grateful and
thankful for what all the *volunteers* do for CentOS. Imperfectly?
Sure. That's what patience and grace are for.

Hey devs/QA, etc: keep on rollin', as they say here in the states.
Thanks, guys and gals, for all that you do!!!!

Gilbert