[CentOS] Centos Kernel Source Repo?

Fri Jan 14 16:57:55 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> From: Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Centos Kernel Source Repo?
>
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Keith Roberts
> <keith at karsites.net> wrote:
>> Where's the repo for downloading the Centos 5.5 kernel
>> sources?
>>
>> It's not in CentOS-Base.repo
>>
>> I'd like to install the source code for the current Centos
>> 5.5 kernel, and create some customised kernels.
>
> See here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/I_need_the_Kernel_Source
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

Thanks for that Akemi!

I have found this link:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5.5/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.18-194.el5.src.rpm

Is there a YUM or Smart PM repository configuration file for
this Centos source code repo, so I can browse and install
SRPMS from Smart PM or YUM?

I'd like to learn how to create my own custom linux kernels.
Quite a long learning curve, but it's something I'm very
fascinated with.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: