[CentOS] hardware problem with 5.6

Fri Jan 14 17:42:11 UTC 2011
Mister IT Guru <misteritguru at gmx.com>

On 14/01/2011 17:22, mahmoud mansy wrote:
> hey every one i got the centos 5.5  and the following problem occuered:
> 1- the video display doesnot probe my card right.
> 2- the wireless card doesnot installed .
>

> my laptop is dell studio1569:
> (
> display card is intel hd arrandle , the wireless card is intel
> advanced centrino n6200 series )
> but the fedora 14 did it will with both also the ubuntu?

I would first check that your hardware is compatible with CentOS - I'd
do that by going onto RedHat's site, and checking their supported
hardware list, if its there, we have a winner, if not, then I think it
would be acceptable to not expect it to work 100%. Because something
works in ubuntu, or fedora, (both of which I consider "desktop" distros)
doesn't mean that it'll work in all other versions of linux, because
there are different kernel versions out there. Even kernel versions that
are the same between distros, may have been compiled with different options.

--
The Solo System Admin - Follow me - I follow you
http://solosysad.blogspot.com/