[CentOS] how to convert 7 cd iso images into one dvd image?

Sat Jan 15 12:37:09 UTC 2011
Keith Roberts <keith at karsites.net>

>>> So, is there a technique or an open source tool that
>>> will create a dvd iso given the cd iso images?
>> I've seen the DVD ISO files on select mirrors.  it can be
>> difficult to reliably transfer a> 4GB file over http/ftp

I've only had one DVD iso dowload corrupted over http.

I use a fast mirror and d/l overnight with a wget bash
script, run by cron.

#! /bin/bash

# the command to download the iso shows in qps as 'wget'

#------------------------------------------------------#

# SITE_URL  is the url of the site to download
# WAIT_TIME is the time to wait in seconds between
downloading files
# DOWNLOAD_DIR is the destination for the downloaded files

#------------------------------------------------------#

OS_VERSION="5.5"
SITE_URL="http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/$OS_VERSION/isos/i386"
DOWNLOAD_DIR="/downloads/linux/centos/$OS_VERSION/DVD"

#------------------------------------------------------#

# get the CentOS 5.5 DVD md5sum.txt file.

wget \
  -a $DOWNLOAD_DIR/wget.log \
  --directory-prefix=$DOWNLOAD_DIR \
  $SITE_URL/md5sum.txt

# get the CentOS 5.5 DVD iso file.

wget \
  -a $DOWNLOAD_DIR/wget.log \
  --directory-prefix=$DOWNLOAD_DIR \
  $SITE_URL/CentOS-$OS_VERSION-i386-bin-DVD.iso

#------------------------------------------------------#

exit 0

Always md5sum check the iso is downloaded OK, and if you
burn to a DVD+RW disk, you can then reuse that many times.

HTH

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net