[CentOS] [OT] As service network suggestion

Tue Jan 18 08:28:36 UTC 2011
Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

Greetings,

I tried to throw this idea open in the ILUG-BOM group. some discussion
took place.

I was wondering if Centos can have such support network that can take
care of all the "Centos support for money".discussions/decisions.

Thanks for current and further indulgence.

With warm regards and season's greetings,

Rajagopal
Mumbai, India

PS: I understand Some central European and Scandinavian countries have
some (Pagan or whatever) festival around 15th  January hence season's
greetings

=============My original post below==========

We see a lot of professionals and SMBs who are member of this list.

I was wondering if we all can form a sort of service network of
professional for various solutions using open/mixed source.

Any person/organisation with skills/knowledge on
FLOSS/Hweterogenous/Others can be a member.

We cannot ignore the "other"/"Proprietery" completely as they are
entrenched in the various verticals.

Please bear with me. I have dedicated last five years of my bread and
butter earning career to FLOSS solutions but have difficulty in
gaining traction in the enterprises working alone.

Of course there are commercials involved. Which can be discussed
threadbare. Perhaps another list for that.

I was having a "Single window Solutions" in mind wherein the
members/prospective customers can pick and choose services they want.

Modalities/details can be worked out.

Soliciting opinions from the esteemed members of this list.

Regards,

Rajagopal