[CentOS] Troubles for an non-IT beginner

Wed Jan 19 11:36:02 UTC 2011
Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Hakan Koseoglu <hakan at koseoglu.org> wrote:

> Ubuntu LTS has a 3 year life cycle overall for desktops, 5 year for servers.

> Ubuntu and Fedora have a new release approx every 6 months but their
> end of life is 18 months. (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS and
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LifeCycle#End_of_Life_.28EOL.29)

> I personally would recommend Ubuntu LTS for family members. CentOS is
> geared for technical people.

Oh I see. But at least work could be done in Fedora too like without
going into the technical details at least multimedia could be used,
secured bank transactions could be done, prints can be taken and all
this I guess without going into the core details we could do but only
the knowledge of installation (GUI only) is required.
--
Regards,
Parshwa Murdia

Making the simple complicated is commonplace, making the complicated
simple, awesomely simple, that's innovation.. -C Mingus