[CentOS] Let's talk about HTTPS Everywhere

Wed Jan 19 11:41:19 UTC 2011
John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com>

	https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere/faq/ answers this.

> 2) Did anyone audited the "HTTPS Everywhere" code?

	Go for it; the "xpi" file is actually just a Zip archive and the
	contents should all be readable text.

> 3) Can someone trust this Add-on? Is it safe to install/use?

	I've been using it since it was originally announced' I've never
	had cause to question its safety.  It operates fine and has no
	conflicts with any other add-on I use.  There was a one-time
	problem with https redirects to wikipedia but that has long
	since been corrected.

> 4) If it's so great why isn't it more prevalent?

	It's not yet a 1.0 release; this may have something to do with
	it.

> What's youre opinion? Or answer? :\

	Everyone should be using it.  Spread the word.

							John

--
He may be mad, but there's method in his madness.  There nearly always is
method in madness.  It's what drives men mad, being methodical.

-- G. K. Chesterton, The Fad of the Fisherman (1922)