[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Wed Jan 19 20:35:05 UTC 2011
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 03:18:37PM -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> But the locked screensaver wants the *same* password that you log in with.
> I'm having trouble understanding the problem... or is it that many of the
> users *never* log out?

The locked screensaver will be killed along with the rest of the X
session with ctrl-alt-backspace.  When [kgx]dm restarts it will present
a fresh login window.

Are the screensavers not smart enough to intercept ctrl-alt-bksp?

For the OP: what's the goal behind preventing an X session from locking?
Perhaps there is a more elegant solution than simply disabling it.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us