[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Thu Jan 20 14:14:25 UTC 2011
Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>

On Jan 19, 2011, at 2:44 PM, Bob Eastbrook <baconeater789 at gmail.com> wrote:

> By default, CentOS v5 requires a user's password when the system wakes
> up from the screensaver.  This can be disabled by each user, but how
> can I disable this system-wide?  Many of my users forget to do this,
> which results in workstations being locked up.

Let's try this again...

KDE has a multi-user x login feature that allows another user to start a new session keeping the existing session active.

It might take a little config mod'ing to get it working, but it works. It works best if there is lots of RAM.

-Ross