[CentOS] /etc/rc.conf on CentOS 5.5?

Thu Jan 20 23:50:15 UTC 2011
Gé Weijers <ge at weijers.org>

> I am investigating an Apache change I was told about that involved
> adding apache22_http_accept_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, but I don't
> think this exists on CentOS 5.

You'd do that on FreeBSD. FreeBSD can collect a complete HTTP request in
the kernel and only wake up Apache when the data is available. This lowers
the amount of context switching that goes on.

Nice trick but it does not apply to Linux and CentOS.

(/etc/rc.conf on FreeBSD contains a lot of a system's configuration, e.g.
network setup, which services to run, command line flags passed to
services, etc.)

Gé