[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Fri Jan 21 13:11:10 UTC 2011
Michael Gliwinski <Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com>

On Thursday 20 Jan 2011 22:26:08 Bob Eastbrook wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:18 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> > But the locked screensaver wants the *same* password that you log in
> > with. I'm having trouble understanding the problem... or is it that many
> > of the users *never* log out?
>
> Yes, users will sign onto a workstation, and then disappear somewhere
> in the building.  They usually forget that they're logged on, which
> means the workstation is unusable by anyone else for several days.
>
> Restarting the X server is one solution, but it will kill any running jobs.

I'm not sure about GNOME or if that's available in version currently shipped
in CentOS but in KDE the screensaver allows you to switch user, i.e. leave the
currently logged on user's session running and start a new one for another
user.  That seems like a better solution if possible, no?

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12