[CentOS] putting "/tmp" to memory

Mon Jan 24 06:43:44 UTC 2011
Mark <mhullrich at gmail.com>

> On 1/23/2011 6:00 PM, Mark wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM, John R Pierce<pierce at hogranch.com>
>>  wrote:

> I can not see the reason to why his question is being scrutinized.  If I
> needed an
> answer whether it be homework or legitimate work I was doing, I would ask
> where ever
> I thought I would get the right answer.

There are people out there who prey on lists like this one to post
questions that are either a) completely off topic or b) obvious
low-level "technical" questions that only a student would be likely to
ask.  One of the telltale signs is cross-posting the same question to
multiple similar lists, which gets brought up by those of us who are
on more than one list of this nature, e.g., Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora,
etc.

This list is a little less picky about questions posted here that are
at least somewhat related to CentOS, but others are not so lenient.

In particular, questions and discussions about basic programming or
general Linux questions should be directed to more appropriate fora,
since this list is specifically for questions that have something to
do with CentOS.  I, too, have posted off-topic questions here (many
times), but I don't blast them out all over creation and I try to make
sure they are marked OT.

Most recently, there were a spate of questions from someone "named" S.
Mathias that were clearly being asked by someone with little or no
development experience and which had nothing at all to do with the
specific OSs in whose groups this person cross-posted.  They looked
suspiciously like questions one would expect to see on beginner-level
programming classes.

That's my irk on this one.