[CentOS] How to disable screen locking system-wide?

Mon Jan 24 08:54:41 UTC 2011
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se>

Suddenly came to think of Mordac, the IT-preventer in the Dilbert strip. ;-)

One a more serious note, personally, if I run across an unlocked workstation
and there's nobody around, I take a few seconds to start up Notepad (if
Windows) or OpenOffice (if linux) and type in a message like "If I'd been a
bad guy, your data would all have been gone and your homepage been set to
www.bestialporn.com. //Your friendly Sysadmin" in real big letters, and then
maximize the window, and lastly activated the (password-protected)
screensaver, before I walked away.

I've done this a few times over the years, and the message has usually been
acknowledged and accepted with no questions asked.

No need to restart any machines; that's just mean. Although I have been
dreaming about doing that... ;-)
--
/Sorin