[CentOS] unable to check in code to svn when files contain spaces or characters

Mon Jan 24 13:58:59 UTC 2011
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On 1/24/11 7:49 AM, Agnello George wrote:

> so here is my final answer
>
> instead of doing
>
> for i in $(svn st | grep "?" | awk '{print $2}'); do svn add $i;done
>
> i can do
>
> for i in $(svn st | grep "?" | awk '{print $2}'); do svn add *"$i" *;done
>
> This is working for me ... i wonder if i am going to stumble somewhere ...humm!

Yes, I'm not sure if that would work at the shell level if the files have
embedded $'s and you are still going to miss on files with embedded @'s. And
I'll repeat that as soon as someone duplicates one of those mixed case filenames
with a case difference you won't be able to check out both copies on windows.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com