[CentOS] Basic Permissions Questions

Wed Jan 26 10:31:42 UTC 2011
James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com>

On 26 January 2011 10:17, Rafa Griman <rafagriman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Directories should have +x permissions. Do a:
>
> chmod    0750    /directory
>
> And see what happens.

Hi Rafa, like a fool I sent that email and then worked this out
shortly after :)

Still, if I hadn't your response was quick so I wouldn't have been
waiting long. This leads me onto a new question though;

If user1 writes a file in folder1 will user2 be made the default group
owner, is there a way of enforcing this and with the required
privileges (r for files, rx for directories?).

User1 accesses folder1 over smb so I could set up a create mask but
other folders accessed by users1 not via smb (ssh, rsync etc) I still
want user2 to have read only access. Can you implement smb style
create masks at a file system level?

--
Regards,
James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?