[CentOS] SSH Automatic Log-on Failure - Centos 5.5

Thu Jan 27 15:52:48 UTC 2011
Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net>

On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 07:35 -0800, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 01/27/11 5:46 AM, Always Learning wrote:
> >
> > -rw------- 1 root root  404 Jan 27 03:23 id_rsa.authorized_keys

> how many times do you have to be told that the filename is
> authorized_keys, NOT id_rsa.authorized_keys

Once. How many times do you have to be told things ?

My posting was made, if you look at the headers, before I read a posting
from another informing me the file name was incorrectly prefixed.

As soon as I read the second posting I altered the file name, discovered
everything worked perfectly and posted a very grateful response - you
may have read it. (hint: *********** BINGO ********* )

> for someone who claims to have been in IT since the 1960s, you don't
> seem to pay much attention, and waste 100 messages on something generic
> and trivial for which there are 100s of 'HOWTOs' online.

Have a nice day.

--

With best regards,

Paul.